tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 28 11:49:28 1998

Re: A NAME FOR A NEW-COMER

At 10:15 98-02-26 -0800, Joe wrote:
}>> CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME GET AN KLINGON NAME TO CALL MYSELF!!!
}>> PLEASE!!!!!!!!
}>> Joe

Ah, Joe.  Some people are having fun with this, you have to expect that
around Klingons.  We can certainly help you find a name to call yourself,
but you have to help with what sort of name you are looking for.

Some common Klingon names, perhaps the Klingon equivalents of Joe, John,
Jane and Bubba, are listed on page 58 of the Klingon dictionary: qeng, qor,
Qugh, torgh are a few man's names.

You could also choose a word that meant something you liked, or just a
combination of sounds you like.

People have suggested for you:
}>DoSna'.

means "definite target," sort of the Klingon equivalent of a Kick Me sign,
but you could wear it bravely, as to decalre that you are the warrior
everyone wants to try to defeat.

}DoSna' ghaH'a' SuvwI''e' ?   ghobe', SuD.   hehe
}ghaHvaD SuD yIpong

This person suggests {SuD}.  It means blue, green, yellow or "gamble."
KLingon warriors are said to be {SuD} in the punchline of a joke we don't
completely understand.  I think it's quite a good name, actually.

} jo'

This word means "machinery" and it's also pretty close to your name. {jo} is
closer, because you don't stop the sound abruptly when you say it.  {jo}
means "resources."

Any of that sound good to you?

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian