tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 21 14:10:18 1998

tlhutlh

Hi,

I´m new to the list, so traditionally I start with the traditional
apologies that I might be asking stupid questions or pointing at matters
that have been exhaustively discussed some weeks ago, etcetera.

A few days ago, I went out for a drink with a friend of mine. The thing
ended up with a hangover the next day, so I decided: "Too much drinking
isn´t good for me." I tried to translate this idea in Klingon and came
upon {jIHvad QaQbe´ tlhutlh}. Not satisfactory however, since it doesn´t
express the notion "too much", and beside of that, I am using a verb
{tlhutlh} as a subject, and as far as I know, a subject is always a
noun. I wonder if it it possible to "nounify" a verb in Klingon as it is
in English.
Then I tried {jIHvad QaQbe´ jItlhutlhqu´} to express the idea "much"
using the rover -qu´. I am still not sure about the grammatical
correctness, however. Should I use the type 9 suffix -bogh for instance,
and where do I put it?

--QomwI´

Back to archive top level