tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 18 20:56:28 1998

Re: RE: Prefix Canon

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 14:16:16 -0800 (PST) Steven Boozer
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I've done this for every word in every sentence of canon, supplementing it
> by relevent quotations from a variety of sources, turning my AKD into more
> of a concordance rather than merely an annotated glossary. It took quite
> some time to do (and I'm not finished adding all of the material from KGT
> yet) - the document is now 318 pages long. But the payoff is that I now have
> a quick way of seeing just how Okrand uses (or doesn't use) any given word,
> prefix or suffix simply by looking it up alphabetically and then copying the
> citation into an email post on the mailing list.

Dojqu' ta'lIj. This is the area I've always wanted to proceed,
but maintaining four distinct dictionaries has been time
consuming enough that I've very much depended upon your
citations for things. Of course, whenever you offer one, I copy
it into my database for that word...

> But it only works if my notes are complete and thoroughly cross-referenced,
> so I welcome any and all corrections from the membership.
>
> Voragh

Qu'maj Datoy'chu'taH.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level