tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 16 17:50:40 1998

Re: Peacemaker

ja' Qermaq:
>Are we to assume, then, that the construction <rojwI'> was never uttered
>before Riva? Or did he come up with a new word? Or - did the Oxford Klingon
>Dictionary not include <rojwI'> as a separate lexical unit before Riva's
>intervention?

It seems to me that the noun {roj} might have come to be used as a verb
after Riva showed a procedure that could be described as "making peace".
So the ancient Klingon Dictionary might have omitted not only {rojwI'}
but also the verb {roj}.  But of course I don't know any of this...

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level