tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 15 22:53:19 1998

Re: 2 more words

mujang peHruS:
>>I don't understand why you're even considering "challenge" here.  Is
>>there some connection between it and "turn toward" that I don't see?
>KGTDaq "face" 'oS {qaD} 'e' ghItlh MO

You've got to fight that tendency to pull in every nuance of an English
word that's used in a definition.  Read the whole thing, not just one
part of it:  "resist, oppose, confront, face".  This is a very specific
concept that can be translated with many different words in English.
It's not a widely ranging concept that requires many different words in
English in order to capture all of the possible meanings.

>'ach ghol neH qaDlu' 'e' vIHar; Dochmey Daqmey je qaDlu'be'law'

bIlugh 'e' vInoH.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level