tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 09 21:44:15 1998

Re: equally beautiful

In a message dated 98-02-09 15:15:08 EST, SuStel writes:

<<
 I get the feeling peHruS is disguising this as KLBC to try to "catch" Qov.
 I feel truly compelled to answer this, because I think peHruS is treading on
 very thin ice here.  Please forgive me if I have overstepped the boundaries
 of protocol.  >>

----peHruS thanks SuStel----
No, I really needed an answer.  Actually, I do not mind at all that I am
getting answers from other sources than KLBC.  I appreciate all the input.

Recasting is merely a phenomenon we Terrans have to get used to while speaking
Klingon.  You are quite right.  Also, you are definitely right that we cannot
make up our own constructions.  We absolutely must use the tlhIngan Hol MO has
provided to us.  I am sure I will continue to struggle on how to solve my
problem.

I want to say that "The water in this bottle is exactly as hot as the liquor
in that vat."  What I really want, of course, is a formula.  It is not which
sentence; it is the construction(s) which express that one noun's quality is
just the same as another noun's quality.  Since N+SV+law' N+SV+puS works only
for unequal comparisons, I am looking for a comparison structure which works
for equal comparison.

Thanks to this listserv, either we solve such problems through our
discussions, or we still wait for MO to solve them for us.  Meanwhile, thanks
for the discussion submitted.

peHruS

Back to archive top level