tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 04 21:51:46 1998

Re: Locatives and {-bogh} (was Re: KLBC Poetry)

In a message dated 98-02-05 00:09:15 EST, SuStel writes:

<< You don't get my meaning.  IF {qachDaq tIn} WERE THE PROPER WAY of saying
 "the big building" instead of {qach tInDaq}, you'd be used to it.  It is a
 little more vague this way, but not paralyzingly so.  You start looking for
 the subject because it ISN'T done this way, but who knows what we'd be doing
 if Okrand hadn't decided to have Type 5's migrate?

 I'm not advocating use of such a formation, not am I suggesting it's better.
 I'm saying it could have happened.

----peHruS chimes in----
mIwvam pabbe'mo' Holvam'e' 'oghbogh MO vaj jIQuch
let tlhIngan Hol mIwmey
mIwmey DIghajbogh DaH DIpabnIS

Back to archive top level