tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 02 17:47:46 1998

Re: Okrand's head noun quote & Locatives and {-bogh}

>Argh!  Can someone please tell me exactly where I may find Okrand's
>statement about a head noun being only the subject or object of <something>?

I didn't find that, but while looking I did find:

"...  The whole construction (relative clause plus head noun), as a unit, is
used in a sentence as a noun.  ..."  TKD 64

This goes along with the idea of putting -Daq at the end and using -'e'
inside the clause.

DloraH
www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro
(last updated: 22 Jan 98)