tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 02 06:25:05 1998

KLBC: RB Illusions

mulughmoH Qov

>}wa' peng vagh negh HoHchu'pu'
>
>You've forgotten OVS?  Fix this.

wa' peng vagh negh HoHchu'pu' ghaH  (?)
(This was the second choice and I didn't know if it could work)

>}>He finished five soldiers with one torpedo.

>Justify using {-pu'} here.

    If he used 1 torpedo in order to kill someone, we don't know
if the death of the others was intentional or not.

>}HoqvaD vagh qoq chu' chenmoHta'
>}>He finished five new robots for the expedition.
>
>mujbe'.
>Why did you use the perfective?  Justify it.

    If a scientist is contract to build a robotic for
the expedition, he knows exatly what he is doing. He has
a goal and work to accomplish it.

>}vagh raSmey ngo'qu' rInmoH  'ej quS chuS tI'
>}>He finished five antique tables and fixed the noisy chair.
>
>This one was cruel.  "finish" in English in reference to furniture can mean
>"make smooth and apply varnish to."  In what sense did you understand the
>man "finishing the tables."  The sentence is good, but I don't 100%
>understand what it would be to {raS rInmoH}.

    It sounds me very idiomatic expression ..
finishing the tables for me means that he had just repair the
tables.

>}vulqangan vuQ tlhIl Qobvam
>}>This dangerous mineral will fascinate the Vulcan.
>
>Only type-5 suffixes go to the adjective. Type 4's stay on the noun.
>{tlhIlvam Qob}.

    Ok.

>maj. bIghojlI'.

    wa'maH mu'tlheghmey chu' chonob'a'  ;-))

__
Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level