tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 01 20:08:12 1998

Re: KLBC: Film summary

ja' tlhIbwI':
>Well, the story goes like this.  I wanted to translate the title more or
>less literally "Fire Walk With Me".  Okay, so far so good.  Being as I
>am incompetent (tlhIbwI' jIH) I couldn't translate that.  So, I then
>thought that "Fire Follows Me" would be about right.  I thought about
>phrasing it as an imperative but that didn't seem right.  But being as
>you couldn't work it out, it seems that my translation of the title is a
>pretty bad one and I would appreciate a better one.

I never understood the title of this movie as a command to the fire.
It always looked like a command for someone to "fire walk" with the
person speaking.

Ha' qulDaq mayIt.  "Come on -- we'll walk in fire."

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level