tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 01 01:33:54 1998

Re: 'Iv

In a message dated 98-01-31 21:59:46 EST, Qov writes:

<< rav cha'Daq loDHey tu'lu' - "There's some man on deck two!"

----peHruS has been wanting a word for "deck, floor, storey"----
I have considered {rav} only for "THE floor", as of this room.  I did not like
{patlh} for "storey", either.  It seems to apply only to "levels (of society,
rank).  I thought we were still missing a word for "deck/level" of the
interior of a spacecraft or building.

OTOH, considering that TKD says in the Introduction that the words it presents
are mainly for language used on the bridge of a warship, you are probably
right.  {rav} probably means "floor, deck, storey, level" of a ship more than
it means "floor" of a room in a building on a planet's surface.

Thanks.  peHruS

Back to archive top level