tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 30 21:01:24 1998

For Auld Lang Syne

No, I'm not really back.  Maybe in a few weeks I'll be back online with the
list.  But don't hold your collective breaths.

Still not too happy with the title line.  The scansion is weak (a syllable
short), but the use of metaphor and idiom is not bad.  Maybe a little
lacking in punch for the title line though.  Still.  Maybe we'll have a
better one for next year.

tugh ben jupma' DIlIjchu''a'?
not chaH qawqa''a' yab?
tugh ben jupma' DIlIjchu''a'?
naH jajmeymaj Dab

naH jajmeymaj Dab, jupwI', naH jajmeymaj Dab
HIvje' wItlhutlh 'ej chaH DIqaw:
naH jajmeymaj Dab

(Maybe "'ej qawHaqmajvo' ngab"?  Hard to work with that though.  -ab is not
a common rhyme in the dictionary; I did a search).

~mark

Back to archive top level