tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 21 07:34:40 1998

Re: food

:      You dont know me but some how I got on this klingon mailing list.
: (I left my account up at work and some of my coworkers thought it would
: be neat to sign me up) So my problem is how do I get off the list? I
: have tried to quit by the methods listed to no avail. Is there some
: specal klingon word or something I have to send to the list server?
: Please help.
:                    Scott Larson.

Yes, this seems to be a common problem.  Apparently it's possibly for
pranksters to subscribe third parties to this list without their knowledge or
consent, nor does the listserv software verify that the subscriber address is
the same one that requested the subscription.  The list owner really should do
something about this.

>From the headers appended to every message (that no one ever seems to see):

That should do it.  If not, you need to have the list owner "Holtej"
unsubscribe you manually.  I don't know his address offhand, but you can
attract his attention with his name in the Subject line.  Be patient, as he
doesn't read this list on a daily basis normally, and there may be a longer
delay if he's on holiday vacation.

Steven Boozer   The University of Chicago Library   [email protected]

Back to archive top level