tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 10 07:29:49 1998

Re: Fw: walls

Okrand:
>The wall around a city is a <yergho>,

SuSvaj:
: I missed some of the messages discussing the "wall vocab" so perhapse this
: has been pointed out, but has anyone noticed this little gag?

Voragh:
> I *knew* that had to be gag.  But I still don't get it.  (My knowledge
> of popular culture is severely deficient).  Please enlighten.

SuSvaj:
: Maybe it's just coincidence, but "yergho" sounds quite similar to "Jerico".
: As in "The walls came a tumblin' down."

Doh!  Of course: Hebrew *yeriHo*.  And I've actually been there examining at
the archaeological site and seen those famous walls with my own eyes!

Voragh

Back to archive top level