tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 09 12:05:12 1998

Re: Klingon Bird of Prey (KBP) poster: THE TEXT!

At 11:05 AM 12/9/98 -0800, charghwI' wrote:

>Yep. Two copies. So, you are expecting comments. Okay. If you
>insist. {{:)>

>..
>> qughDo motlh: pIvlob vagh
>> Normal Cruising Speed - Warp 5
>
>Numbers follow {pIvlob}. Noted.
>
>> 'aqroS qughDo: pIvlob Hut vI' vagh
>> Maximum Crusing Speed - Warp 9.5
>
>New word for "maximum".

New word, but what _is_ it?  If it's an adjective, why does it
precede the noun?  It appears to be a noun itself, but I can't
work out any sort of meaning that makes sense. "The cruising
speed of the maximum amount"???

>>  tlhIngan toQDuj 'ey'mey tetlh
>>  Klingon Bird of Prey Technical Callouts
>
>New word for "callout". Of course, when you call out, what sound
>do you make, eh?

I don't know the exact definition of a "callout", but it seems more likely
to me that /tetlh/ represents 'callout' and /'ey'/ represents 'technical'.

>> 30. tal SeHwI' nguSDI'
>>     Cannon Control Motor
>
>Motor. New word.

I wonder if this is supposed to be /nguSwI'/.

>> 39. muD ngeb SeHwI' pat
>>     Atmospheric Control System
>
>Interesting that they consider internal atmosphere to be fake.

Perhaps, 'artificial'?

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level