tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 28 07:33:31 1998

Re: Morskan

: KGT mentions other regions.  For most MO gives a klingon spelling, but not
: for Morskan.  How is [Morskan] expressed in ta' Hol?
:
: DloraH

Good point.  Did Okrand have one but, for one reason or other, didn't use it
in the final draft?  Presumably /mor-ska/ or /mors-ka/ is the way the
Morskans themselves pronounce it.  In my own notes I've used *morISqa and
*morISqa', though I suppose it could be something like *moSQa(') or even
*morSIQ, for that matter.  We just don't know.

This would be an excellent question to ask Okrand himself on
startrek.klingon.  Why don't you re-post it there?

--
Voragh                           "Grammatici certant et adhuc sub judice
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons     lis est."         Horace (Ars Poetica)

Back to archive top level