tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 19 15:06:50 1998

Damn this fantasy is getting complex

---David Trimboli  wrote:

> From: David Trimboli <[email protected]>
> >Morskan:
> >% maH
> >& maH
> >
> >and the Morskan would have to memorize the "spellings" of the
different
> >meanings.
>
> Whoops.  I meant Qotmaghngan.

I accidentally stepped back and saw this discussion from the point of
view of someone who doesn't know whether Klingon is an actual language
or noises we make up as we go along.

It made me laugh.  We know the geographical layout and the *accents*
of a place none of us will ever go.  I don't know as much about the
variations in speech among French speakers.  Marc Okrand has built a
whole little world and we're all crawling around inside it.  Pretty
kewl.

ghomvam vIQoychugh, QIt maHvo' jIDoH. :)
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian