tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 16 16:29:14 1998

DuSaQqoqvetlh vIpar

Sunday, August 16, 1998

Greetings.

Here's a string of sentences for amusement and evaluation.
There may be some questionables in there.

De'wI'mey vIyaj vIneH vaj DuSaQ vIghoSta'.
I wanted to understand computers so I went to school.

DuSaQ muvta' loDnI'wI' je.
My brother joined the school too.

DuSaQvetlhDaq juppu' chu' maghompu'
'ach DuSaQvetlhDaq pagh maghojpu'
We met new friends at that school,
but we learned nothing at that school.

maghoj'eghmoHpu'
We taught ourselves.

DuSaQvetlhDaq ghojmoHlaHbe' ghojmoHwI'qoq.
The so-called teachers can't teach at that school.

jIH loDnI'wI' jupwI' je nuquvHa'moH DuSaQvetlh.
That school dishonors me, my brother, and my friends.

pabwI' pop DuSaQvetlh 'ej DevwI' Hup DuSaQvetlh.
That school rewards followers and punishes leaders.

ghe'tor rurbej DuSaQqoqvetlh.
That so-called school definitely resembles Gre'thor.

DuSaQqoqvetlh vIbup.
I quit that so-called school.

DuSaQqoqvetlhDaq vIcheghqa'Qo'.
I won't return to that so-called school again.

tlhIngan Hol vIHaDmeH poH vIghaj, DuSaQqoqvetlh vIbupmo'.
Because I quit that school, I'll have time to study the Klingon
language.

jatlh Mark Twain:
"Never let your schooling get in the way of your education."

pItlh.

*****
Dawut (Dave)
[email protected]