tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 08 14:30:56 1998

Re: QaH

---Jan Wikholm <[email protected]> wrote:

> How can I say properly:
> I am Unforgiven of the Clan Gangrel
> I know that there isn't the verb -to be- in thlIngan Hol, but could
> someone
> help me?
> Isn't Kahless (qeylIs) Unforgiving?

Kahless is the Unforgettable.
qeylIS lIjlaHbe'bogh vay' - Kahless whom someone cannot forget.

For a long explanation of how to say "I am ___" and why, see the
message I sent a few minutes ago on "PTB."  The short answer is: say
the thing you are, then say /jIH/.

qeylIS lIjlaHbe'bogh vay' jIH - I am Kahless the Unforgettable.

We don't have the word "forgive" in Klingon.  You'll have to decide
how you want to decribe yourself in terms Klingon has.

"Clan Gangral" would be something like /ghangral tuq/.

ghangral tuq nuv lIjqangbe'lu'bogh jIH
"I am the person of House Gangral whom one is unwilling to forget."

Not quite what you want.  Work on it.
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian