tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 31 23:54:59 1998

Re: Exercises?

[email protected] wrote:

> Honored Qov,
> If you would not mind, I would like some more exercises... or > >
suggestions for ways to improve my thlIngan Hol.

You betcha.  Here are some 'diagsnostic' sentences.  I intend some to
be too easy and some to be too hard.  Just skip the ones you have no
idea about. Then we'll work on the stuff you almost get but not quite.

Translate into Klingon:

The brigadier is hungry.
The night is dark.
She exhausted him.
I wait for you(singular).
We will defeat you(plural).
I am disgraced.
They torture you and the lieutenant.
A woman is reading a journal.
Two men will be reading a label.
I am the man of the eggs.
The pipyus was Paul.
Drop your(singular) weapons!
Yesterday, my troubles were apparently remote.
The animal's nose is very long.
We can go to the sea.
I saw the star swallow the planet.
We need to sit at the edge of the sea.
I am sad because the water is dirty.
If our society doesn't care about the water then we are stupid.
The man who cannot see touched the large animal.
He says the animal resembles a rope.
Hope for the best, but expect the worst.
A sharp mind is better than a sharp sword.

Oops, I had way too much fun here. (mu'tlheghmeyvam DIqon jIH
loDnalwI' je). After Kreth has has his crack at these, anyone else may
have a go.
==

Qov - Beginners' Grammarian