tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 30 08:23:38 1998

Re: yeesh. right. wrong. jISaHbe'! (was Re: Correct me if I'm wrong but..)

At 07:02 98-04-30 -0700, Joel wrote:

}"sentience" mu' vIlo', 'ej DaH jIQoS.

rut mu'vetlh vIlo' je jIH.  rurchuq *sentient* "Hol lulo'laH" je.  'ach
lughbejmo' TKD wIjatlh maqarchu'be'.

}}<< Sentience is not the issue. The ability
}} to use langauge.>>
}}
}}charghwI' is outright wrong on this point.
}
}ghobe'.  reH lugh charghwI'.
}When I call our new puppy "he" rather than "it", when I speak to him, and
}"interact" as if he understood, I convey my high estimation of or hopes
}for his intelligence. If I were to call a group of warriors SuvwI'mey
}(assuming I had a clue and a bucket to carry it in) I convey my low regard
for }them.

Or -- don't forget -- that you could be referring to their dispersement.

}Befitting their brusque, businesslike way of doing things, Klingons
}express the demarcation thing/being in terms of language capability.  No
}doubt they argue as much as we do about who lands in those categories.

Grin, that would be funny.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level