tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 28 14:37:09 1998

Re: Much ado

At 01:55 PM 4/28/98 -0700, SuStel wrote:
>From: Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen <[email protected]>
>

>>All I can say is, "yItuv."
>
>You mean, {yItuv'eghmoH}.

I see what you are driving at: "cause someone to be patient and have
that someone be yourself", but is this necessary?  I think you are
implying that an imperative prefix can't command someone to take on a
quality, but I don't see the problem.  We do have the canon {petaD},
which does exactly that: commands the listeners to take on a state.
Are there any other canon examples of imperatives with descriptive
verbs?

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2711

Back to archive top level