tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 27 21:54:00 1998

Re: Verb prepositional concepts

In a message dated 98-04-25 13:18:02 EDT, Qermaq writes:

<< If anyone has a hankering to use <qIm> transitively, may I recommend a
 wonderful verb made especially  for you? <buS>! For all your transitive
 concentration needs.  >>

There is a major difference in intensity.  {buS} means "think only about,
focus on, concentrate on".  {qIm} mean "pay attention".  These two words do
not mean anywhere near the same thing.  Therefore, I find it preposterous that
both Qermaq and SuStel even suggest that one can replace the other.

peHruS

Back to archive top level