tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 21 11:00:03 1998

Re: pup

According to David Trimboli:

> From: Qermaq <[email protected]>
>

> ><pup> vIqel. *be perfect* *kick* je mughmeH mu' 'oH. jISIv...
> >
> ><pup Dujvam> = "This ship is perfect" "This ship kicks!" je. chaq *slang*
> >'oH! loQ Daj...
>
> My mother has a tendency to call very small dogs "drop-kicks."  (She prefers
> large dogs.)  Not that I think this is the origin of the word, but a "pup"
> is very kickable.
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 98299.5

Then again, considering how {pup} is PRONOUNCED, it might be
associated with the substance one kicks out of another in an
English idiom about one person thoroughly defeating another.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level