tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 20 14:43:55 1998

Re: pab mu'mey

ghItlh Voragh:

>Glen Proechel once proposed *{DIpvaD tam} "substitute for the noun", but
>*{DIpvaD} is a far too literal translation.

Noticed that on http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8853/ (the ILS
page) that translation is given for "pronoun" - <DIpvaD tam>, literally "it
exchanges for the benefit of a noun". Not a noun itself, but a verb phrase;
but considering the ILS's looser policy on verb-noun homophonic pairs, it's
probably meant as a noun.

<DIpvaD lIw> would be *better*, but still not an adequate term in my view.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level