tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 16 08:43:36 1998

Re: KLBC: Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 695

From: Qov <[email protected]>
>}jIghojtaHvIS nughvam vIjeSqu' 'e' vIHech.
>
>I should point out that we don't know that {jeS} can take an object: it
>isn't "participate in."  But we need the damned word so badly that almost
>everyone cheats and uses it as you just did.

Which is not to say that you should do it.

jIjeS.
I participate.

qep'a' loSDIchDaq jIjeS.
I participated at {qep'a' loSDIch}.  I was at the physical location of
{qep'a' loSDIch} and participated.

qep'a' loSDIchvaD jIjeS.
I participated, and the beneficiary of that participation was {qep'a'
loSDIch}.

You could say, {jIghojtaHvIS, nughvamvaD jIjeStaH 'e' vIHech} "While I am
learning, I intend to be participating in this society."

SuStel
Stardate 98288.1

Back to archive top level