tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 13 21:41:30 1998

Re: KLBC: Just getting started

ja' valQIS:
>I just received the TKD 4-8-98 and I would like to know if I should learn
>the vocabulary first or the grammar and what other references I can use to
>help me get started.

pab yIHaD.  pab DaHaDnISbej.  potlhbej mu'tay', 'ach potlhchu' pab.
pab yIbuS.  pab DaghojtaHvIS mu'tay' Daghojbej.

Definitely the grammar.  Learn the proper order of the words in a sentence,
and learn all the prefixes and suffixes.  You can always look up the words
(or have a computer do it for you), but the human brain is still the only
mechanism that can do a good job of understanding a collection of words in
context.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level