tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 29 23:02:35 1997

Re: KLBC: better

At 21:03 97-09-29 -0700, you wrote:
}tlhob qoror:
}>ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
}>>Remembering that {Dub} means "improve (something else)", there probably
}>>should be a {-lu'} here:  {Dublu'pu'} "one has improved it."
}>
}>How do we know that?  I don't object, I'd just like to know the source.
}
}SkyBox card S26, for one (reprinted in HolQeD 5:3):
}{DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
}lurSa' be'etor je...}
}"The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, are constantly
}seeking a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon
}High Council..."
}
}Of course, this sentence also puts an aspect suffix on the second verb
}of a sentence-as-object. :-/

And puts the adverb {reH} after the object.  Did matlh write this, or some
KSL speaker? :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level