tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 29 09:12:57 1997

Email programs - WAS Re: KLBC

ghItlh Brenda:

>I'm using whatever that my keyboard's set up for...and I'm on hotmail
>as my email...
>It could be my spacin' too...
>
>j I yaj .. Da Hjaj Sept.29th Any better ?

Ahhh... ghobe'! Brenda, visit
http://www.kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/current/0840.html to see the posted version
of the above if it still looks OK to you. (There's a link to your previous
message there as well.)

I just investigated the world of Hotmail - I found that the message areas
are just HTML form input boxes, and no options exist to change the
non-serifed proportional font. (Also, I have yet to find out how to
eliminate those pesky headers!) (The same can be said about NetAddress,
incidentally.)

Brenda (and others), if you don't want to be behind the eight-ball in
learning the warrior's tongue, I recommend NOT using a web-based email. Not
that they are bad services - I think they are great - but they aren't
suited for communication in Klingon.

So, now what? I do recommend Juno - it is not web-based (in fact, it's a
purely off-line program) and not the 'greatest' email program out there,
but you can use any font on your computer and have more control over
formatting than you do in Hotmail.

Of course, if you have an AOL or MSN or whatever email service, or have
email through work, that is easiest - but I assume most Hotmail/NetAddress
users don't have a server-provided email account to their disposal anyway.

chaq latlh vuDmey tu'lu' - Daje' 'e' vItungHa'.
vay' neH DawuvlaHbogh yIwuv!

(Perhaps there are other opinions - I encourage your report.
Depend only upon that which can be depended upon!)

Qermaq
[email protected] (*address*vam neH yIlo')
[email protected]
'ej DaH
[email protected] je
(*email accounts*wIj law' law' jItoghtaHvIS mI' vIchavlaHbogh law' puS)

Back to archive top level