tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 18 23:27:02 1997

Re: mung tlhIngan-Hol

<< What I miss in Klingon and other constructed languages is that they have
 all these human linguistic features other human languages have , although
 I have to say that Okrand's grammar of tlhIngan-Hol has features which
 are completly different from any modern Western language . >>

Check out Navajo and Quechua, each on the Western Hemisphere.  The word order
of Navajo is Object + Verb + Subject, with Locatives, Vocatives, Adverbials,
etc. preceding the basic sentence.  Quechua is agglutinative with verb
suffixes and infixes which indicate "willingness, necessity, direction,
certainty", etc. very much as in Klingon.  The verb pronomials also closely
resemble those of Quechua.

peHruS

Back to archive top level