tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 05 19:59:10 1997

Re: KLBC: *DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob* ?

At 09:49 AM 9/5/97 -0700, lab muHwI':
> At the end of Dr Lawrence email,
> he always writes something like that:
> "The KLI is a nonprofit tax exempt corporation"
> Then he writes
> {DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob}
> I translate that as "Give us your money now!"

1 - vImughchu''a' ?
HIja', bIlugh.  The {-'e'} suffix on {HuchlIj'e'} emphasizes that it
is your *money* he wants.  It's the equivalent of italicizing.

2 - vIyaj chay' 'e' Hech ?
(What does he mean with that?)
"How does he intend me to understand it."
bIghelchu'.  I like the way you cast that sentence.
I'll let Lawrence answer it.

3 - How exactly does the KLI work?
What advantages do I have when I am a member ?
(aside from paying 21 bucks a year) {{;-)

Tangibly, you get a membership card, a quarterly journal, occasional
dodads like prefix chart fridge magnets, and windshield stickers, and
I think the KLI will put a link to your website on its website

These last two are both questions for Lawrence:
vavoy, qatlh Huchchaj nInobnIS nuvpu'?  chay' Huch Dalo'? yIjang!

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian
<qagh joy'>: rut qagh DaneH; rut DaneHbe' - majawtaHvIS Qanqor jIH je

Back to archive top level