tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 03 14:40:28 1997

Re: TKW proverbs

/*Stardate 97675.0*/
/*Subspace Communiqu� - Begin Transmission*/

Tue, 2 Sep 1997 13:08:40 -0700 (PDT) Qov jatlh:

>If you look closely at TKW you will see that every entry has an
>attribution, from a Paramount source.  It's a study of Klingons in
>situ, with the things they have said presented in tlhIngan Hol,
>instead of in the English translations we heard first.
>
>The replacement proverbs, on the other hand, were made up out of
>whole cloth.  This doesn't explain why the RPs aren't in KGT, but
>then Marc wrote KGT expressly for us (well it sure looks like it!) ad
>he knew we already knew how to spell the replacement proverbs from
>the tape. :)

When you say "expressly for us" do you mean the members of the Klingon
Language Institute, the E-mail list subscribers, the language fans in
general or all of the above?  Just wondering who "us" is.

Thanks for the explaination regarding TKW, are any of the proverbs
explored in any issues of HolQeD?

pItlh

*Dawut*

/*End of Transmission*/