tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 22 22:36:45 1997

Re: KBLC: My Personal Quote

At 21:10 97-10-21 -0700, QatanI wrote:
>QatanI's personal quote is:
>
> qorDu' batlh DatIch vaj *logically* maj jaj DaHjaj bIHegh
>
> "If you insult my family honor, then logically, today is a good day
> to die - for you."

It needs some more work.

I know you have TKW.  Look up how Klingons say "today is a good day
to die."  Never use {maj} to mean "good" in a sentence.  Use it only
as an exclamation, as in "bravo" or "well done" or "yay."

The first part of your sentence says:
"You insult family honour, therefore"  See if you can find the
suffixes needed to indicate "my" and "if."

As it's your personal quote, I'll let you keep working on it until it
says what you want it to mean.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level