tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 01 05:24:38 1997

Re: KLBC: better

ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
>SkyBox card S26, for one (reprinted in HolQeD 5:3):
>{DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
>lurSa' be'etor je...}
>"The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, are constantly
>seeking a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon
>High Council..."
>
>Of course, this sentence also puts an aspect suffix on the second verb
>of a sentence-as-object. :-/

I pointed that out a while ago, but I guess I ignored the {Dub}.  But, as I
also stated, that's exactly the type of case you'd do that in.
Of course, I wonder that maybe that's actually the way to say it, or, if
not at the moment, later.  It might have something to do with TKD 6.7 ...
MO might explain that {'e'} is somehow akin to {-'e'} and the same rule
applies.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level