tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 25 12:27:11 1997

north, south, east, west and distances

jISov jIlIHegh should in tlhIngan 'ach jIlaHbe'

(I know I should introduce myself in Klingon but I can't)

Hi,

Well I've decided to use the Klingon language as the old tongue in
an AD&D campaign I'm doing. However, I quickly got into a problems
when I wanted to translate the following

	The dogs are hidding about 2 kilometers to the south of here.

Here, dogs is used as an insult describing the ennemy. I also want
to portray that the ennemy is a coward.

My problem is that I don't know how to translate the cardinal points
(north, south, east and west) and I don't know how to translate
distance into klingons. I suppose I could use 2,000 foot but
I prefer kilometer or  mile to indicate big distances.

So far I have

	qam cha'SanID <south>Daq Ha'DibaHDu' So'vIp

which I think is

       foot  2000    south-location animals hiding-afraid

As you can see, I  need help with the translation :)

Thanks

Phil

PS  In Klingon, do you use a comma between phrases ?

Back to archive top level