tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 13 11:14:32 1997

Re: KLBC naDev jIchu'

Doneq
>ghItlh Qov
>[pe']
>[pe']
>> "Why do you leave 'ej out" is a valid question, and the answer is
>> just, that's the way it seems to be done with the Klingon
>> imperative. Consider other examples like:
>
>imperative? "[...], says one Klingon truthfully." Where does that
>imperative come from? Kahless dropped it to us from the sky? :) When
>I wrote the story, I had absolutely no intention of using
>imperatives. {vIt} means simply "He speaks the truth" here.

I answered only the question "What does {'uSvetlh chop chev} mean?"
If I attached my answer to the wrong post, or misedited the one I was
following up to, I apologize for any confusion I caused anyone.

- Qov

Back to archive top level