tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 10 03:45:42 1997

RE: ST:EXP Transmission

[email protected] on behalf of William H. Martin wrote:
> Let's please not assume this is canon before we get some sort of
> confirmation. There is a lot of really weird stuff here,

While I, too, hope dearly that Okrand did not write this, or that he wrote it
tongue-in-cheek, I see that you have a specific agenda to prove, and the
"weird" things you point out (snipped from this message) aren't
heart-stopping.  Many of them are simply a matter of style, and we haven't
seen enough of Okrand in extended text to determine exactly what his style
would be.  A good idea, yes, but not enough.  I am uncertain as to the
authorship, though I have my doubts that it was Okrand.

Hmmm . . . do you consider the time Okrand used {tIv'egh} for "they enjoyed
themselves" as canon?  I don't.  It was just a posted letter to the message
board, not a Maltz-approved message.  It's a word to be considered, but not
heralded as an appropriate use of such an expression.

> > tera' poH jaj wa', jar wa', jaj loSDIch, DIS wa'-Hut-Hut-chorgh:
>
>The hyphenation of the date digits is also... unique.

No, it isn't.  Okrand used it in SkyBox cards SP1, SP2, and SP3 in the
copyright notice.  He used {tera' DIS wa'-Hut-Hut-loS}, including the hyphens.
 This doesn't mean this is THE CORRECT WAY to say it, and it doesn't prove
that Okrand wrote it, but it isn't evidence against it, either.

SuStel
Stardate 97859.5

Back to archive top level