tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 19:25:58 1997

RE: qIvon

jatlh ghunchu'wI':

> At qep'a' wejDIch we played the "hokey-pokey" with Klingon body part names.
> Of course, {'I'} was quickly used. :-)  For {qIvon}, everyone looked a bit
> confused -- *including* Marc -- and just put the whole body "in" and "out".

*looks sheepish*  I believe that was my idea.  Bill and Heather and I were
sitting off to the side looking smug (and being total party-poopers by not
hokey-pokeying) and thinking of difficult-to-remember-the-word-for body parts.
 We shouted {qIvon} when people were running out of ideas, and everyone
stopped and looked confused.  :)

Of course, I haven't eaten anything substantial recently.  My blood-sugar
level may be down.  I could be misremembering . . .

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level