tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 11:13:44 1997

Re: Klingon Anthem

>mujang ~mark
>>>By the way, what exactly are "attitude-control thrusters"?  They're in TKD.
>>
>>Er, thrusters that control the attitude of the ship?
>>

>I had always been confused by the word "attitude," and wondered if it was a
>misprint of "altitude--" I mean, the way a ship is pointing isn't the first
>concept that comes to mind with the word "attitude--" or indeed the second.
>Qapla'
>qoror

No Mark and qoror. You are both wrong. "Attitude," as used in describing ship funtions,
means which way the ship is leaning. EX: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
When the KBOP that could fire when cloaked fired upon Chancellor Gorkon's ship,
Qonos' 1, it caused the ship to list and spin almost out of control. THIS is "attitude."
I.E.: The "attitude control thrusters" were subsequently disabled. I hope this explains
what "attitude control trusters" means

Back to archive top level