tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 21 10:37:13 1997

Re: qep'a' loSDIch

ghItlh DaQtIq

> I've been to <qep'a'mey cha'DIch wejDIch je> and each time I noticed a
> real quantum leap in my language abilities. For some reason, being there,
> hearing it spoken and speaking it myself causes something to gel in my
> mind (yummy metaphor, huh?). It is the closest we come to being immersed
> in the language and culture.

I second that.  Last year was my first qep'a' experience, and to call it
rewarding would be an understatement.  I had studied Klingon for eight
years, but had never spoken it to anyone in my life.  However, I was
astonished at how quickly my communication skills emerged, once I was in
the company of like minded individuals.  It's as close to Qo'noS as you can
get!!!

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level