tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 07:35:26 1997

Re: yIHmey

>Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 13:49:44 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Marc Ruehlaender <[email protected]>
>
>> was why i had trouble with the <-vaD> in <jIHvaD Qatlh tlhIngan Hol>
>> for 'For me, Klingon is difficult'. But Valkris' statement <Qu'vaD
>I agrree. "being difficult" somehow doesn't go with a "beneficiary"

I remember having a big discussion with someone about this on the MUSH.  He
was fond of saying "SoHvaD chu' nuq?" as a greeting, and I was a little
unsure about how much I liked it.  I think I tend to use the construction
myself, but that doesn't mean I am thinking enough about it or that I
should.  The difference here is that "-vaD" is being used to mean "as
experienced by...", (Lojban "ga'a") which is something of a stretch, I
think.

~mark

Back to archive top level