tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 24 07:55:38 1997

Re: translation from Star Wars

>Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 14:04:50 -0800 (PST)
>From: "eric d. zay" <[email protected]>
>

>jang qoror
>
>> ghItlh SuSvaj
>> >The quickest and easiest way to say, "I'm lost" that I can think of is:
>>
>> 		DaqwIj vISovbe. "I don't know my location."<
>>
>> Yes, that's true, but "jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'" is canonical.  It's in
>the
>> back of TKD, in the "cheat sheet."  Of course, if your way of saying it
>-is-
>> canonical, never mind.   --qoror
>
>As in any language, there are many ways to phrase almost anything you want
>to say.  I don't know if "DaqwIj vISovbe'" has ever been used in a canon
>source, but it follows the rules.

I'm fairly certain "DaqwIj vISovbe'" is canon, but I can't remember the
source offhand.  *SO* until someone remembers it, don't trust it as canon.
Remember: it ain't canon without a source attribution, not even from me.

~mark

Back to archive top level