tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 19 20:46:43 1997

Re: KLBC: ghomvaD wa'DIch jabbI'IDwIj

jatlh SuStel:
<De' poQchugh vay', mutlhob 'ej vIjang.
<If someone requires information, he asks me and I answer him.
How about:
De' poQchugh vay', mutlhob 'ej jISam.
If someone requires information, he asks me and I locate it.

<Now, what about {yu'wI'mey} for questions?  I don't know if I like it; I get
<picture in my head of a lot of mean Klingon interrogators in a dark room,
<surrounding the latest catch.  Who needs a mind sifter?
I'm not crazy about it, but tlhobwI'mey doesn't feel like an improvement.

tlhingan yu'wI'pu' vImaS law' DaH puqDaj  jImol  vIQulmeH mupoQqu'bogh SoS
vImaS puS.
I prefer Klingon interrogators to the mother who DEMANDS that I research her
child's project NOW. (Can I put DaH at the beginning of the subordinate
clause?)

Back to archive top level