tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 14 16:03:17 1997

RE: KLBC: De'wI' mu'mey

On Friday, March 14, 1997 1:09 PM, [email protected] on behalf of Mark E.
Shoulson wrote:

> FWIW, I am not dead against "qaQochbe'" for "I agree with you."  There's a
> continuum of opinions, I think, with SuStel near one end (the more
> conservative and rigid side wrt assignments of objects of verbs) and peHruS
> near the other (more permissive).  I find myself definitely not in
> agreement with peHruS on many matters, but also not with SuStel, though I
> suspect I'm a bit closer to him.
>
> Trouble is, transitivity is one of the least-clarified issues in tlhIngan
> Hol.

If it *were* clearer, I'd be much, much less rigid!  My conservatism is not so
much because I think things like {qaQoch} and {qajatlh} are bad, but because I
prefer to err on the side of caution (and of course there's the occasional
construction which is just icky).

And I don't seem to have more trouble than anyone else in communicating . . .
*shrug*

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian