tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 09 14:09:54 1997

Re: KLBC : I need help.

nuqneH SuStel
----------
> From: David Trimboli <[email protected]>
> jatlh chech pIn'a':
>
> > nuqneq
>
> The word is pronounced {nuqneH}.

Sorry typo!  tuHmoH HuS machwIj <hang my head in shame>

> Hmmm . . . I know how to say this, but it's a very complex thing to say.
> don't know how to explain it to you without writing a novel on the
subject.
> I'm going to write it, but you're not going to like it.  (Then again, I
don't
> like the sentiment anyway, so . . .)
>
> reH taHqeq DataH loDpu'.
> qaStaHvIS Hoch jar, wa'logh loDpu' Da be'pu'.
>
> Men are always behaving like {taHqeq}s (whatever one is).
> During each month, women will behave like men once.
>
> If you can follow that, good.  If not, let me know what you have trouble
with.
>  This is not an exact translation.  If anybody's got a better version,
now's
> the time.
>
> --
> SuStel
> Beginners' Grammarian
> Stardate 97187.6

After reading your translation, I must say I agree with you, the fraise has
lost all appeal to me after reading the tlhIngan Hol version. Time for a
Change!!!!

My reason for wanting the translation was mor to see how such a sentence
would be structured in tlhIngan Hol rather than for any practical reason.
:)

chech pIn'a'

No sig file at the moment but I will supply a tlhIngan Hol translation for
approval by the group. }}:-)

Back to archive top level