tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 09 13:32:12 1997

RE: Extra stuff qororvo'

SuStel wrote:
>> Now, however, I have realized some adverbs in tera'ngan Hol that take
> articles, and in fact don't work the same way without the articles!  Ready?
"A
> lot" and "a bit," in such sentences as "he sleeps a lot," and "he works a
bit."
> How's that?

I fail to see your point.  Klingon does not use articles.  You seem to be
connecting this with the three nouns that never use {-Daq}.  Please explain.<

What I mean is that -- well, theoretically, in English only nouns take articles.
So in English we have adverbs that behave slightly like nouns, and in tlhIngan
Hol we have nouns that behave like adverbs.

Back to archive top level