tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 04 10:27:24 1997

KLBC : My first try......

After talking to one of the great dudes here last night I was prompted to
take my first steps out and try my hand at translating..... I chose to do a
bridge scene and it is general discussion between the bridge crew.... ok be
brutal after all no pain no gain!

SETTING : bridge of a toQDuj tlhIngan, which is chasing after a renegade
ship.

DeghwI' -> "Daq Duj 'urwI' wIpaw wa' tupDaq, HoD."
HoD Duj -> "Hotlhta' DoS HInobchu' 'ej rI'lI' Se' yIpoS"
ya -> "luq, qaH"
QumpIn -> "luq, qaH"
ya -> "botjanDaj pepta' 'ej nuHmeychaj qeqta' bIH, qaH. He qep tlha'lI'"
HoD Duj -> "botjan tIpep, wIy yI'ang"
QumpIn -> "HoD, rI'lI' Se' poSta' "
HoD Duj -> "naDev maHmeH wIchegh"
ya -> "HoD, So'lI'qu' ghaH!"
HoD Duj -> "QumpIn, QumwI' Se' yISoQmoH"
QumpIn -> "luq, qaH"
ya -> "cha'DIch Duj 'elq' mIchvam. pIvlob law Hoch pIvlob puS vItaH "
HoD Duj -> "nuq?"
ya -> "Duj DI'vI' ghaH"
HoD Duj -> "maj! Suvmeypu' wIghoS!"

well that's about it.... I hope it isn't too long and too bad that I become
a bother.....

Mike ( a.k.a. DaQ'qan )

Back to archive top level