tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 29 21:36:25 1997

Re: MUSH

In a message dated 97-06-26 14:24:40 EDT, ~mark writes:

<< Personally, I happen to like using question-words as you do, though I make
 a point of not thinking of them or trying to represent them as relative
 clauses.  I'd write "chay' vIlo'?  'e' vISovbe'" punctuating it to really
 look like "How do I use it?  I don't know that,"  >>

I have just been fortunate enough to review some of the very early writing of
Capt. Krankor, who states with examples:  {chay' Dochvam vIlo' 'e' vISovbe'},
eg.  He goes on to point out that these are actually two sentences, ref. TKD
Sec 6.2.5.

In conclusion, Capt. Krankor notes that the two sentences are run together,
appearing as one.

peHruS

Back to archive top level