tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 15 16:45:19 1997

Re: KLBC: yIn QaDwIj

> > jalth William H. Martin
> >
> > Can I use  <yIn QaDwIj> as parasite? A "dryer of life" meaning sucker or
> > > drainer of life?
> > >
> > > 'Iw tlhutlhwI'.> > >
> > > charghwI'
> >
> > 	This is a vampire!  :)   A Parasite suck the life of the other and not
> > only his blood.  :)
>
> Ticks suck blood, not life, and they are parasites. Leeches suck
> blood, not life, and they are parasites. My ex-housemate Mike
> sucks life and money and not blood... but then HE is a
> parasite...

Hmm....

Well, vampires are supposedly dead creatures or spirits that drink
blood...  Parasites are live creatures that drink blood... (or life and
money in William's case :) )

Perhaps we need to define the concept between vampire and parasite a
little more...

Say, the following could be used for vampire...

lom'e' 'Iw tlhutlhwI' (Corpse who drinks blood... perfect!)

As to parasite... well, that's still beyond my scope, but I have the
feeling we can deal with something on the lines of a thing that sucks
life/blood,etc.

Qapla'

Q'ISto'va yab'etlh (Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire)
Communications Officer (IKV Monarth, KAGAUS)
E-Mail: [email protected]
Hovjaj: 97455.11

Back to archive top level