tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 27 22:29:36 1997

Re: KLBC: jIlIH'eghqa'

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:12:50 -0700 (PDT) "David Trimboli"
<[email protected]> writes:
>[email protected] on behalf of Matthew M Whiteacre wrote:
>>
>> loS ben pIj *Mailing List*Daq jIlabqu'pu', 'ach DaH jIlabbe'.  tugh
>> jIlabqa' 'e' vItul.
>
>That seems a bit of a contradiction given that you had to transmit in
>order to
>tell us that you haven't transmitted!  :)

How would you say that "4 years ago I was very active on the list, but
lately I have just been lurking.  I hope to be more active now."

>> "Matt Whiteacre" ghaH pongna''e','ach *Do'val* ghaH pongqoq'e'.
>
>Since the subject is the name, you need {'oH}, not {ghaH}.  And why is
>Do'val
>only a {pongqoq}?  SuStel is quite definitely my name, or one of them,
>even if
>it is a self-chosen one.  You might use {tera' pong} and {tlhIngan
>pong}.

I debated the use of "qoq" and I agree that tera' pong and tlhIngan pong
would be better.

>>  chaq
>> Saqaw yoq puS.
>
>This might work as direct address.  "I might remember you, you few
>humanoids."
> Is that what you intended?

I mised the prefix.  It should say "chaq tuqaw yoq puS" - perhaps a few
of you all remember me.

>>  *Texas A&M*Daq jonwI'pu' vIghojmoHtaH.  be'nal wej puqbe'
>> je vIghaj.  wa'maH wa' DIS, chorgh DIS, jav DIS je qan puqbe'wI'.
>
>To describe someone's age, you talk about how many "years ago" the
>person was
>born.
>
>wa'maH wa' ben, chorgh ben, jav ben je bogh puqbe'wI'.

Is this really valid?  using multiple time expressions set off by commas.

>> tlhIngan Hol vIDubqa'taHvIS
>
>Does this mean you're making changes to Klingon?

I supose that is what is implied, but I do not intend that.  I should
have said:

tlhIngan Hol jatlhlaHghach vIDubqa'taHvIS *Italian* Hol vIghojbejlI'

>Perhaps {tlhIngan Hol laHwIj} or {tlhIngan Hol jatlhlaHghach}.
>
>> *Italian* Hol vIghojbejlI'
>
>batlh jumuvqa'.
>
>--
>SuStel